Marquette ACNP Program Admissions
The Marquette Adult-Older Adult Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program in Indianapolis is designed for practicing RNs who want to advance their careers in adult-older adult acute care. As a result, the ACNP program admissions process is straightforward and geared toward the BSN-educated working nurse.
Marquette ACNP Program Admissions Process
- Speak to an admissions adviser
- Gather all necessary documents, including letters of recommendation, your resume, and official transcripts
- Complete any necessary prerequisites with a grade of C or higher
- Apply for admission to the Indiana Adult Older-Adult ACNP program through the Nursing CAS online admissions portal
Consult an Adviser
To get started on the ACNP program admissions process, the first step is to contact an adviser by filling out the online form or calling our toll-free number.
Your adviser can answer all your questions about the ACNP program, admissions requirements and how to complete the application. He or she can also help guide you on completing any necessary prerequisites and work with you to determine a target start date.
To prepare for your adviser discussion, be sure to review the admissions requirements for the program and collect any information you know will be needed for the application, such as past transcripts.
Online Admissions Portal
The Marquette University ACNP program allows you to submit all your application materials online through the Nursing CAS portal.
You will select the Adult-Older ACNP program in Indiana.
You must be able to prove that you have an active, unrestricted RN license in your state. Applicants must also have at least a year of nursing experience caring for adults in acute care settings before admission.
The following information must then be submitted through Nursing CAS:
- Official transcripts from your BSN program and any other college or university program you have attended
- A GRE score (if your GPA for your BSN program was below 3.2). Use the school code 1448 to submit your GRE results
- Three recommendation forms (letters are encouraged). The best letters are those from colleagues with whom you’ve worked closely as a nurse or from individuals who can discuss your capability of pursuing graduate education.
- Your current resume
- A written statement of professional goals, including your reasons for pursuing the ACNP program (limited to two double-spaced pages)
If you have additional questions about Marquette’s ACNP program admissions requirements or qualifying for certification as an acute care NP, contact an adviser at (866) 891-8443.