Advance Nursing Admissions Overview
When it comes to accepting students into our College of Nursing, we seek applicants who not only meet our admissions requirements, but also hold values that align with our university’s mission of promoting health, healing, and social justice.
Direct Entry MSN Admissions Overview
To enroll in our Direct Entry MSN program you must satisfy the following requirements.
- 3.0 GPA. Students must have this minimum cumulative GPA in your conferred Baccalaureate Degree.
- Non-nursing bachelor’s degree. Students must have an existing bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Complete prerequisites. Students are required to take a series of courses with grade of “C” or higher.
- Live in the area. Students must reside in the Milwaukee area, southern WI, or Northern IL or be willing to relocate.
The GRE is not required to apply to the program. However, if you feel that your GRE scores would strengthen your application, you can submit them and we will include that information in the application review.
If you have a non-nursing bachelor’s degree and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, our Direct Entry MSN program can get you moving on your nursing education as soon as possible. We offer program starts in January, May, and August.
Because deadlines may vary slightly from year to year, be sure to ask your admissions adviser for the exact application deadline associated with your desired program start. We do not review any application that is not complete by the specified deadline, with the exception of any prerequisite courses a student is actively enrolled in.
Dedicated Admissions Advisers
We have dedicated admissions advisers who work exclusively with our nursing applicants. Committed to student success, these champions of higher learning go above and beyond to help potential candidates understand the full scope of the program and the time commitment involved.
Once you decide to pursue your nursing degree through Marquette University, we will assign you an adviser who can help you:
- Discuss options for completing prerequisite courses
- Create an academic plan that works toward a program start date
- Stay on task throughout the admissions and application processes
- Get answers to financial aid questions
Contact us to learn more about the admissions process for Marquette University.