Marquette University in Wisconsin
Based in Wisconsin, Marquette University opened in 1881 as a small, liberal arts college under the auspices of Most Reverend John Martin Henni, the first archbishop of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. Today, there are 11 colleges and schools on our Milwaukee campus, with each one providing transformational learning experiences framed within the context of Catholic, Jesuit values.
Marquette University’s Milwaukee campus
Serving as an extension of our College of Nursing, we also operate a satellite location in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, near Kenosha, to help close the nursing shortage gap in the area. It is here that we offer an accelerated Direct Entry MSN program for non-nursing professionals who are looking to change careers. (Note: Marquette also offers an on-campus Direct Entry MSN program at our Milwaukee campus.)
Our Direct Entry MSN program in Pleasant Prairie offers:
- A learning experience that promotes health, healing, and social justice.
- A streamlined nursing education that leverages previous academic experiences.
- An education that consistently yields high NCLEX-RN first-time pass rates.
Furthermore, as a graduate of our Direct Entry MSN program, you can specialize in an advanced field of nursing, such as adult acute care, pediatric primary care or clinical nurse leadership, by completing one of our certificate programs.
Marquette College of Nursing
Established in 1936, our College of Nursing makes it possible for you to be part of something bigger than yourself. With more than 7,000 nursing alumni, we’ve graduated some of the most sought-after nurses in the healthcare industry—and we want you to join our ranks. In fact, we’re a top choice among nursing students for reasons that include:
- A long history of excellence in nursing education
- Expert, nationally recognized nursing faculty
- Small student-to-faculty ratios and close-knit cohorts
- Innovative teaching strategies using advanced technology
- Maximum clinical experiences with supportive preceptors
Through our College of Nursing, we offer a wide variety of nursing degree programs that bring together knowledge, faith, and understanding, including our accelerated Direct Entry MSN program. Available through our satellite location in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, the program blends online coursework and extensive hands-on learning experiences.
Contact us to learn more about our Direct Entry MSN program in Wisconsin.