Direct Entry MSN Admissions Overview
When it comes to accepting students into our Direct Entry MSN program in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, we seek non-nursing applicants who not only meet our admissions requirements, but also hold values that align with our university’s mission of promoting health, healing, and social justice.
To enroll in our Direct Entry MSN program you must satisfy the following requirements.
- 3.0 GPA. Students must have this minimum cumulative GPA in your conferred Baccalaureate Degree.
- Non-nursing bachelor’s degree. Students must have an existing bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Complete the GRE. This is waived with GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Complete prerequisites. Students are required to take a series of courses with grade of “C” or higher.
- Live in the area. Students must reside in southern WI or Northern IL area or be willing to relocate.
If you have a non-nursing bachelor’s degree and a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, our Direct Entry MSN program can get you moving on your nursing education as soon as possible. We offer program starts in January and August.
| Spring||January 14, 2019|
| Fall||August 2019|
Because deadlines may vary slightly from year to year, be sure to ask your admissions adviser for the exact application deadline associated with your desired program start. We do not review any application that is not complete by the specified deadline, with the exception of any prerequisite courses a student is actively enrolled in.
Dedicated Admissions Advisers
We have dedicated admissions advisers who work exclusively with Direct Entry MSN program applicants. Committed to student success, these champions of higher learning go above and beyond to help potential candidates understand the full scope of the program and the time commitment involved.
Once you decide to pursue your nursing degree through Marquette University, we will assign you an adviser who can help you:
- Discuss options for completing prerequisite courses
- Create an academic plan that works toward a program start date
- Stay on task throughout the admissions and application processes
- Get answers to financial aid questions
Contact us to learn more about the admissions process for our Direct Entry MSN program.